InVMA Limited is an innovative business operating in the exciting new world of the Internet of Things (SCP) and Smart Manufacturing (SCO).
We are experiencing rapid growth through our ability to provide clients with end to end solutions, using in-house skills and a range of ecosystem partners. To achieve these goals, we are hiring Applications Engineers at all levels to join our growing development team in the Chesterfield area.
InVMA provide a comprehensive range of services to support clients along their digital transformation journey. With our proven methodologies, we are enabling clients to quickly create business value, add new revenue streams and improve operational efficiency with connected solutions.
We define SCP as Original Equipment Manufacturers who want to connect their products in the field to better understand and optimise in field usage, improve their product designs, predict failure and drive aftersales revenue. Our clients include: Howden Compressors, Centrax Gas Turbines, GCE and ESAB.
SCO (Smart Connected Operations aka Industry 4.0) benefits manufacturers who need to drive manufacturing efficiency by using data from people, assets, processes and systems to generate insight. We provide them with one system to orchestrate activities across their existing equipment and systems to improve the efficiency of manufacturing operations. These engagements involve the integration of multiple plant floor systems, business systems and often extend into the supply chain. We have executed a number of large projects in this field with the clients such as GKN Aerospace and other global defence and life sciences companies.
Flexibility, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to people and want the best people on our team, so we welcome and encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds, sexualities and gender identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all, so we would like to hear from you. Our roles may at times demand travel and flexibility to meet client needs and to drive performance, but we have a culture of respect for professional and private commitments.
Are you enthusiastic, flexible, innovative team player who cares about delivering successful outcomes for customers? Do you want to be part of a company at the leading edge of Industrial IoT? Do you want to be part of a respected team and be proud of your achievements?.
We are seeing an enormous increase in opportunities hence, we are looking for Application Engineers at all levels to deliver IoT and Industry 4.0 solutions to our connected-product OEM and manufacturing customers.
- Design, develop and support solutions created using PTC’s ThingWorx industrial innovation platform, Microsoft Azure Platform Services and other related technologies, on time and within budget.
- For Lead Application Engineer roles
- understanding customer needs
- architecting solutions
- leading teams or taking sole responsibility for delivery of smaller engagements
- Object-oriented software design and development
- Event-driven, service oriented applications with user interfaces targeting browsers in all formats
- Industrial/commercial connected products and manufacturing environments
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Understand customer needs, capture and develop a clear understand of their requirements
- Work in an Agile way individually or as part of a larger team
- Understand interfaces of, and create connections to, various IT & OT technologies such as databases, business systems, cloud services, industrial assets and manufacturing systems using a range of protocols and methods
- Manage and complete own project tasks and production of deliverables
- Work with team members on project tasks appropriately and support team members for successful execution
- Regularly report on status of tasks in stand-up meetings, being able to quickly identify when help is needed or when activities are blocked
- Lead Application Engineers roles
- Liaise with stakeholders to manage change within project and update/manage customer’s expectations
- Monitor customer satisfaction and record, track and resolve issues and discrepancies during engagements
- Coordinate own and your team members’ activities, schedule and deliverables
- Troubleshoot development and production issues for effective problem resolution across multiple systems and environments
- Create flexible, modular and reusable software components
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Proven software implementation and development acumen
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Excellent communication skills including customer liaison at all levels, and the ability to encourage and facilitate strong collaboration
- Ability to proactively support customers and resolve their problems
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions, to research alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
- Motivational and encouraging attitude
- Good understanding of software integration and use/design of APIs for interfacing our solutions to those of our customers
Other Desirable Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience working with manufacturing and business systems and processes including ERP, MES, MOM, CMMS, LIMS etc
- Experience or good working understanding of OT technologies including PLC, HMI, SCADA, Process Historians and industrial networking.
- Experience with ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: REST, HTTP, TCP/IP, Cellular Comms/Wireless networks, etc.
- Successful track record of developing robust software and delivering production ready solutions
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a cutting-edge industry, alongside leading industry experts.
- Stimulating environment offering challenging and ongoing learning opportunities
- Standout investment and training in you and your career
- Culture of innovation and inspiration
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment
- Fantastic salary
- Creative, diverse and inclusive working environment